Fraud and Security AwarenessTo our
It is more important than ever to protect yourself from potential identity theft and cyber crime. At Valley Republic Bank we understand the risks associated with today's high-tech world, and we are committed to doing everything we can to protect your identity and other non-public personal information from criminals. To assist you, we would like to share with you a few tips to help you become more proactive in protecting your identity and your personal financial information:
Online Banking, Mail Fraud and Wire Transfers
- Pay your bills electronically rather than writing paper checks. Paying electronically will protect you from criminals intercepting your checks and changing the Payee to benefit them.
- Sign up to receive bank, credit card and utility statements electronically to make it easier to protect your personal information.
- Stay alert and monitor your bank account activity daily. Utilize online banking services, which will give you the tools you need to implement this type of daily monitoring activity.
- Remember, Valley Republic Bank will NEVER call or email you asking for confidential personal information. This information was provided to us when your account was opened.
Your Desktop and Laptop Computer
- If you receive a computer that is not brand new, always make sure that you reformat the hard drive and re-install the operating system before using the computer for the first time.
- Always update your operating system with the most current patches and updates, as these patches often contain security "fixes" that address known security weakness.
- Install and enable anti-virus and firewall software on your computer and be sure to keep that software updated with the most current virus definitions and patches.
- Never share account or password information. Every person who has access to your computer should have his or her own separate account, protected by a strong password.
These tips can help you to better protect yourself against all forms of financial and identity crimes. We encourage you to call or visit one of our branch locations to speak with our Customer Service Representatives. They can assist you with any questions you may have about these tips and other ways that you can protect yourself and your information. Let's work together to ensure that all of your personal information, your banking data and electronic transactions are sage and secure, all the time.Valley Republic Bank